Having a place to go is home, having someone to love is family, having both is a blessing!

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

This WILL be ME in about a year!

So if you know me really well you know that I have struggled with my weight off and on for a long time! I have pretty much tried every diet out there and came to the conclusion that Weight Watchers is really the most sensible and practical program to follow. I am starting this long process again and am very committed to reaching my goal. After five wonderful kids in 10 years I want my body back! I want to have the energy to play with my kids and get involved in their sports! I want to be able to shop in the stores I have only dreamed of shopping in!(American Eagle Outfitters:) I want to be able to look at myself and be proud of my accomplishment! I want to be healthy and live a long life and be a healthy grandma someday! I have been inspired by so many people in my life when it comes to weight loss and just to list a few I would have to say my dear mother who has lost 60+ pds, and my step father who has lost over 85 and is still going strong, and my friend Melanie who has lost alot, I just don't have the number, but she looks amazing! I know that I can do this! I told myself if I could run a mile non-stop than I could do anything, well.....about a year and 1/2 ago I ran my first mile ever and it ended up being 2 miles 3x's weekly for awhile until I got pregnant again:) I know that I am worth it and that this is something that is totally attainable! I have a wonderful friend here(I don't know if she wants me to say her name so I won't) that is doing this with me and is a great support, thank you soo much, really you are awesome! I have lost 5 pds so far and that is just the beginning! Of course I can always use encouragement, so I am leaving this blog open to anyone who wants to leave a bit of a push for me:) I will read my comments for inspiration so make them good! I have had many friends out there help me with this before and I appreciate each and every one of you! I am done having kids so this is it! I am on my way to a new me! Keep checking back for MY PERSONAL PEOPLE COVER! I want to make the cover, that is my goal and I am letting everyone know so that I can't fail! Wish me luck!!!!




9 comments:

Cristi said...

Good luck! If anyone can do it, YOU CAN Laura!

Adrienne Gilbert said...

I know that you can do it!! Your such a good friend and example. Keep up all the hard work and in the end we will be shopping at American Eagle.

Tiffany Cameron said...

5 LBS already? That is incredible! I would love to keep each other motivated. Maybe we should start a weight-loss blog?
You are amazing and you will be able to accomplish anything you set your mind to! Now go git 'em tiger!

wheezymom said...

I was a witness to your running accomplishments! I am so proud of you for going at it strong again! I know that you can do it. Just remember to have faith in yourself and remember not to weigh yourself more than once a day. :) Love and miss you!
-Lisa

Julie said...

Hey there- your blog is cute. I admire your goals. I think that is incredible about 5 pounds- way to go and keep it up!!!

Lindsey said...

I think this is an awesome goal and I know you can do it! Before you got pregnant the last time you were doing awesome so I know you can do it again! 5 lbs is a lot! Keep us updated on your progress, it gives me motivation. I hope everything is going well, we miss you around here.

Lindsey

Leslie said...

Laura,
You are the most amazing person ever, and once you set your mind to something you are not going to stop until you get it, and this time is going to be no different. You are already well on your way, and there might be some times when you feel like it is not moving forward, but all you have to do is look at how far you have come and you will be fine. I think it is so awesome that you want to do this for yourself. You have a huge fan club behind you cheering you on, and They (and I include my self at the top of that list) are going to be with you the whole time. And just so you know when you get to that point, I am going with you to American Eagle. It will be so fun to walk in there and get exactly what you want. No worries or hesitations.
You can do this Laura, I know you can just like everyone else knows you can.
Good luck, and Just remember We are all here for you if you need to talk or be reassured! You can call me anytime!
I miss you!
Leslie

Emi Wi said...

I know you can do it. You are so accomplished--just look at your family and how great they are. I miss you lots! (But I do love having your apartment.)

Jared and Lauren said...

I remember how excited you were when you ran your first mile. Always remind yourself of that feeling, because that will keep your motivation strong. I can't believe that you have lost 5 lbs already too! I know you can do it! We miss you and all of your cute kids. We have a blog now too @ www.LaurenandJared.blogspot.com so check it out sometime.

WE LIVE, WE LAUGH, WE LOVE!