Having a place to go is home, having someone to love is family, having both is a blessing!

Saturday, July 18, 2009

The 5K race!

Jason and I ran the 5k here in Ladysmith for Mardi Gras! It was something that we have been working on for some time now and we were able to do it! Jason was able to speed up towards the end so his time was a little better than mine...Jason 36:31 mine was 37:16. I wanted to beat my training time and I only did by 2 seconds but the actual race was alot hillier than my course:) It was so great to do it together and now our next goal is a 10k in September. I don't know if we will be ready by then but we will try! It was wonderful to have Jason's parents here cheering us on and helping out with the kiddos! Thanks a bunch!





These are our good friends Josh and Gina. They finished alot sooner than we did but cheered us on at the end:) Jason works with Josh at the hospital he is another PT who moved here about the same time we did.

4 comments:

Gunnar and Brittney said...

Great Job Guys! That is AWESOME!! You both look so great!

¨*:·.TIFF.·:*¨ said...

THAT IS FANTASTIC!!!
good job you guys, that is a great accomplishment!

Trent and Karen said...

I'm so proud of you!! Three miles is great! I loved chatting with you on the phone a couple weeks ago--hope all is well!

Amy O said...

Laura! Hope you guys are doing well! I'm glad to have found your blog. Congrats on the race! What a great thing to do together--Tom & I just ran one on the 4th of July and we kept each other going. Good luck with all you're doing. Your family is beautiful.

WE LIVE, WE LAUGH, WE LOVE!